Communities of Support
Partnerships are the foundation of Partners In Health. Our approach is based on accompaniment. In the poor communities we serve, PIH stands shoulder to shoulder with the Community Health Workers who deliver critical services, information, and support to their neighbors.
Community partnerships are just as critical to PIH in building a movement for health and social justice. By reaching out to your friends and neighbors to share PIH’s mission, you become an advocate for the patients we serve. Your accompaniment allows us to continue to help those most in need.
When PIH supporters come together to raise awareness and financial support for our work within their communities.
What can your Community of Support do to support PIH?
- Read Mountains Beyond Mountains with your book club
- Invite friends over for a dinner party – a $10 per guest donation goes a long way for a patient in Malawi
- Hold a walk to raise awareness in your community about PIH
- Make and sell greeting cards to support PIH
- Create a new curriculum for your students on global health equity
Our mission statement ends with a simple phrase: “Whatever it takes.” Our Communities of Support do whatever they can to help the patients and communities we serve.
Ready to get started? Join a Community of Support now!